Connect With Today’s Host
Recently Published Episodes
Manuel from Super Afiliados
Cosmin Mesenschi from First Byte
Dirk from Wette.de
Michele from Gambling Rumors
Stephen from Feedinco
December 10, 2020
Aldo Mcneal from Casino Reviews New Zealand
In this article, we are interviewing Aldo McNeal – the founder of Casino Reviews New Zealand. Aldo shares his journey in affiliate marketing and building Casino Reviews, and why he chose New Zealand as a market for their business. Moreover, he discusses what he is most proud of and what is a 5-year plan for Casino Reviews New Zealand.
How would you describe CasinoReviews.net.nz to someone who does not know what you are doing?
– Our business model is affiliate marketing for online gambling. We are similar to Tripadvisor, but for online casinos instead of travel. On our website, we’ve published in-depth reviews for all the popular online casinos in New Zealand, together with info on what free spins and casino bonuses they offer. We do all the research and then give recommendations based on what our readers are interested in. If one of our readers find an online casino they like from our reviews and use our links to register an account at the gambling site, then we receive a commission.
How did you end up in the casino industry?
– It initially started many years ago with myself needing a job and not really knowing what path I wanted to take in life. I applied for a job as a support agent in an online casino in Malta, and after working for a couple of years, I found out about affiliate marketing and SEO. It seemed like a very interesting field, so I started studying in my free time and later on co-founded CasinoReviews.net.nz
What made you want to start CasinoReviews.net.nz?
– My business partner and I saw New Zealand as an emerging market and we felt like we could provide better and more useful information to New Zealanders about the available online gambling options.
What personality traits make you a skilled affiliate marketer? What have been your biggest challenges?
– Most of our website traffic is derived from SEO. I think in order to be a great SEO you need to be able to judge information to see what makes sense and what doesn’t. There’s so much information about SEO out there and most of it is complete bullshit. You have to know who to listen to and who to avoid. Our biggest challenge has been to get our site back on track after being hit by a Google algorithm update. I would say this is the hardest part of SEO. Ranking a website is easy as long as nothing goes wrong, but the real skill comes in when you start losing traffic/rankings and trying to figure out why. The whole process of recovering a site usually takes several months, and it’s very easy to second guess yourself when you do not see improvements.
How have you changed as a person from running CasinoReviews.net.nz?
– I would say the biggest change is that I’ve become more responsible and grown as a person. I’ve also become more confident and humbler after seeing how much work and effort it takes to run a successful company.
What are you most proud of?
– Being able to outrank websites owned by large companies who have bigger budgets and more employees than we have.
Where do you want to be in 5 years?
– In 5 years’ time, we hope to have sold part of our business to free up some of our time so that we can focus more on investing and charity.
Personal and professional, where can people find you online?
– People who are interested in getting in touch with me can send me an email at [email protected] or check out my details on https://www.casinoreviews.net.nz/interview-with-great-com/