Connect With Today’s Host
Recently Published Episodes
William from Casino.zone
David from BetAndSkill
Manuel from Super Afiliados
Cosmin Mesenschi from First Byte
Dirk from Wette.de
December 10, 2020
Astrid Smith from FreeSpins
Today, we are talking with Astrid Smith, the founder of Free Spins – Astrid Smith. She shares how she started the website and what attracted her to online gambling industry. Moreover, she tells how she has changed over years and what are her plans for the company in the next 5 years.
How would you describe Free Spins to someone who does not know what you are doing?
– We list free bonuses and free money, primarily to online casinos on our site. People can find free spins and no deposit bonuses that they might not find anywhere else. Since the beginning of online casino and poker, there has always been free stuff. Actually, when you think about it, the Internet is made of free stuff. So. Instead of making a deposit players can get free money and win real money. No risk and high reward.
How did you end up in the casino industry?
– Actually, I started out with freerolls on poker and free spins, back in the days. I started to blog about it. Got a few readers to read the blog. Rest is history as they say. It has been a lot of fun. I have gotten a lot of thank you letters and comments.
What made you want to start Free Spins?
– A girl needs to make a living, right? So basically, I can review and test casinos and slot games. And make some money out of it. I think it’s a win-win.
What personality traits in you make you a skilled founder. What have been your biggest challenges?
– Sometimes I feel that I have been luckier, than having skills. But of course. I have been fairly interested in both the industry and also in SEO and writing. So that has contributed immensely. The biggest challenge must be keeping discipline, planning, and such. Staying productive and motivated is not that easy as well.
– I guess. Yes. But I’m not sure because of age and responsibilities or if it’s the business that has changed me. Perhaps it goes both ways. With age comes wisdom. Or?
What are you most proud of?
– I guess that I am able to keep a work-life balance. Not burning out. Having time for the people I have close to me and also making a living on something that I like to do.
Where do you want to be in 5 years?
– Pretty much where I am today. Really. On a personal level, I would like to evolve of course. But I am really satisfied with where I am today.
Personal and professional where can people find you online?
– If you’re interested in getting free money and free spins without making a deposit, I would really like to recommend visiting free-spins.org. It’s here where I and my team writes and lists all the free stuff that is coming out.