Connect With Today’s Host
January 21, 2021
Robbie Davies from Open Gaming Society
Today, we are interviewing Robbie Davies – the CEO of Open Gaming Society. Robbie discusses his journey in gambling and why he decided to start a business in the industry. In addition, he shares what has been his biggest challenges and his vision for the next 5 years.
How would you describe Open Gaming Society to someone who does not know what you are doing?
– It is a growing community of players with the purpose of unifying the gambling community and give it a voice in the public domain. Its only mission is to help players make better choices with online gambling.
How did you end up in the casino industry?
– I love taking a risk; it was something I did for fun when I was still studying. I used to play cards with my friends just to add a few bucks to my allowance. Sometimes I lose, sometimes I win. And it excites me, and so as I grew up, my fascination with gambling also grew. A few years later, The Open Gaming Society was born.
What made you want to start Open Gaming Society?
– Knowing how hard it is for beginners to start in this kind of industry, I knew I needed to find a way to help. Even for those who have already started and need a place where they can feel safe and open to learn and enjoy, it is the place to be.
What personality traits make you a skilled CEO? What have been your biggest challenges?
– I’m a very passionate person, and it is the trait that led me to where The Open Gaming Society is now. Being passionate about the mission and vision of the company.
How have you changed as a person from running Open Gaming Society?
– It helped me understand the different personalities of players and humans in general. I have learned to see past who they are as a player and understand the needs of those who use online casinos as their outlet to relieve stress and entertain their lives.
What are you most proud of?
– Knowing that I’m helping others learn and enjoy the games I too personally enjoy.
Where do you want to be in 5 years?
– In 5 years, I want to fulfill my vision for The Open Gaming Society and become the biggest community for online gamblers to speak out and share anything under the sun without any fear.
Personal and professional where can people find you online?
– If anyone likes to reach me the best way to get in contact with me is via Linkedin and Twitter.